2000 and newer cars:
- We ask your car, "How are you?" by conducting a full vehicle diagnostic computer system scan and test.
- Our technicians also perform a visual and functional inspection.
1996 – 1999 Model Year Vehicles:
- In addition to the visual and functional inspection, your car will receive the following:
- Emissions testing at 15 and 25 mph
- Diagnostic computer system scanning
1995 and older cars
- Emissions test at 15 and 25 mph
- Visual and Functional Inspection
- Ignition Timing Check
- Gas cap test
- EVAP test (just a fancy name for checking the gas tank for leaks)
Having been in the smog check business for decades, we've just about seen it all. Our certified technicians are some of the most experienced and well-trained in the field. One thing we can't say enough to our customers is. . .
Passing the California Smog Inspection is not a problem for most vehicles. Just a little bit of preparation and a little knowledge about how the test works can go a long way in helping you breeze through the Smog Check process.
(Really, there are no tricks.)
Keep up on Maintenance– This one's a no-brainer.
- Different cars require different tests depending on vehicle type and model year, but one thing is always true: every smog check test was designed so that a properly maintained car will pass easily.
- Do you have a scheduled maintenance due but need that smog check test today? What to do? Call us and ask one of our experienced technicians. We love to chat.
Warm Up Your Cars (1999 & older vehicles only)
- Do what your car does best. Drive.
- When they are at operating temperature, cars run cleaner and better.
- No, we're not being sentimental. We're talking about the onboard memory of your car's computer.
- The smog check inspection for 1996 and newer cars require scanning the vehicle's computer memory.
- Many types of routine service involve either disconnecting the vehicle battery or resetting the car's computer. Unfortunately, this will wipe out the onboard memory, giving your car a case of automotive amnesia.
- The cure is easy: drive! We recommend driving your vehicle at least 100 miles to rebuild your car's precious memories and be ready to pass the smog check.
Find Good Intentions by Getting an Unbiased Test
- Test Only Stations (like us!) do not perform any repairs. Smog check inspections are all we do. We don't stand to profit from repairing your car if it fails. Quite the opposite, we want to test your car as accurately as possible, so you are confident in the results.
- Star Certified Smog Check stations are the best of the best.
- Only those rated highest by the State of California for accuracy, integrity, and professionalism are awarded the STAR license.
- As a STAR-certified station, we can perform any smog check test for any vehicle.
- We offer online coupons and deals to make your car's smog check easier on your wallet.
- Get convenient, fast local service without compromising the best rate!